WHAT IS COVERED BY THE BERGAMO FLOORS WARRANTY
Bergamo Floors warrants to the original purchaser of its products. The product shall be free from manufacturing defects in milling and grading for as long as you own your Flooring. This warranty is subject to a standard trade allowance of up to 5 percent (5%) margin for natural or other imperfections or manufacturing defects, meaning that such defects will only receive warranty protection if the Flooring subject to the defects exceeds five percent (5%) of the total Flooring purchased and installed.
50–YEAR RESIDENTIAL SURFACE FINISH LIMITED WARRANTY
The surface finish for Flooring purchased for residential use is warranted by Bergamo Floors not to wear through or separate from Flooring under normal residential traffic conditions for 50 years from the date of retail purchase so long as all care and maintenance instructed by NWFA are followed. Failure to care for and maintain your Flooring pursuant to NWFA instructions may void this warranty. This “wear through” warranty is subject to a standard trade allowance of up to 10 percent (10%) of the total Flooring area and excludes stairs, meaning that such defects will only receive warranty protection if the Flooring subject to the defects exceeds ten percent (10%) of
the total Flooring purchased and installed and stairs shall not be covered at all.
WARRANTIES APPLY TO THE ORIGINAL END-USER ONLY
All Flooring warranties, including any implied warranties, apply to the original end-user of the Flooring only. All warranty coverage terminates if you sell, transfer, or otherwise convey the Flooring or the property to which the Flooring is attached.
Bergamo Floors shall be permitted the opportunity to conduct or cause to be conducted any inspections deemed reasonable or necessary by Bergamo Floors on all warranty-related product claims, and the claimant agrees to allow a reasonable sample of installed Flooring planks to be removed and taken for analysis determined to be necessary by Bergamo Floors.
WHAT THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER
In order to be covered under this limited warranty, the Flooring must be properly installed by a licensed flooring contractor. This warranty does not cover damage arising from improper installation of the Flooring.
– This warranty does not cover minor separations between boards due to
normal expansion and contraction that wood floors may experience based on weather conditions, environmental conditions, or other outside forces.
– This warranty does not cover cupping, delaminating, crowning, gapping, splitting, or checking that become visible due to excessive moisture, lack of moisture, low humidity, improper subfloor preparation, or other site conditions.
– This warranty does not cover damage caused by improper or incorrect use or application of any product on Flooring.
– This warranty does not cover any noise and/or sound issues related to the Flooring (e.g., squeaking or hollow sounds).
– This warranty does not cover manufacturing defects in Flooring that have been installed when such defects are visible or which reasonably could have been discovered by you or your installer prior to installation.
– This warranty does not cover damage resulting from the application of adhesive tape of any kind on the Flooring for any period of time. Such application, and subsequent removal, may result in removal of or damage to the finish.
– This warranty does not cover special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, incidental, or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.